May is National Mental Health Awareness Month, and the first week of the month is Lawyers Well-Being Week. Especially now, with the added challenges of navigating law practice during the COVID-19 pandemic, lawyers need to take care of themselves so that they are better able to take care of their clients.
To build overall well-being, lawyers and legal industry professionals should take steps to ensure a balance in each dimension of their lives. These dimensions are emotional, intellectual, occupational, physical, spiritual, and social well-being.
Here are some resources to help lawyers and legal industry professionals achieve balanced well-being during lawyer well-being week and beyond:
- American Bar Association National Task Force on Lawyer Well-Being
- Mindfulness in Law Society
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Massachusetts
- ALM Minds Over Matters: An Examination of Mental Health in the Legal Profession
- American Bar Association COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Repository for Legal Professionals