Since its inception in 1988, Conn Kavanaugh consistently has recruited at Boston-area law schools for summer associate and permanent associate positions. Our philosophy is to attract the best possible law school graduates, to train them at their craft, and to grow the firm from within by developing our new lawyers.
Conn Kavanaugh seeks an enthusiastic Help Desk Coordinator with 2-4 years of experience to oversee the firm’s IT department. Candidate should be a proactive and resourceful “self-starter” with a positive attitude and a desire to make meaningful contributions on a small team.
Note: This position is salaried, and occasionally requires time off-hours. This position requires a candidate who can be on-site daily.
- Responds to computer help desk queries and acts as a liaison between the end-user and the firm’s cloud-based computer network vendor.
- Offers technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set-up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Trains computer users and drafts training manuals/instructions as needed.
- Participates In departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as requested.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior experience in a professional setting.
- Working knowledge of software such as Windows 10, Office 365, including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, Mimecast, document management systems, and the firm billing system.
- Working command of the industry language and the ability to translate that language to the end-users.
- Ability to lift and/or move equipment and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined areas.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as in close coordination with individuals at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
Apply by sending your resume to the firm’s recruitment manager, Emily McPherson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
Conn Kavanaugh seeks an enthusiastic and self-starting business development professional with 3-5 years of experience to serve as the firm-wide Marketing and Business Development Manager. This position will collaborate with attorneys to provide strategic and tactical support and to ensure the execution of the firm’s long term strategic plan and enhance the firm’s brand.
• Identify, plan, and manage the firm’s marketing and business development efforts, with assistance from other firm staff.
• Maintain the Firm’s Social Network presence.
• Coordinate the formatting and delivery of weekly blog posts.
• Manage the Firm’s website (includes updates to attorney biographies, news items, etc.).
• Assist with the maintenance of the Firm’s comprehensive Contact database and organize invitations and other announcements.
• Support an array of attorneys with individual marketing-related efforts.
• Plan and manage events such as seminars, conferences, client events and webinars.
• Manage event budgets, vendor relationships and sponsorships.
• Conduct research on prospects and clients.
• Develop a deep understanding of the litigation practice group goals and coordinate the implementation of marketing tactics as directed by the Managing Director of Litigation.
• Track the litigation practice group trends and client news for the Managing Director of Litigation
• Attend practice group monthly luncheons.
• Assist in responding to RFPs; responsible for compiling pitch books; maintain RFP log.
• Coordinate client interview meetings and pre-interview briefing meetings
• Coordinate practice seminars and events, including mailing lists and invitations, presentation materials, registration, CLE applications; work closely with conference services department regarding logistics
• Assist in directory submissions .
• Assist with BD/marketing orientation for new and lateral attorneys.
• Serve on designated Firm Committees .
• Provide business development support to the lawyers in assigned practice groups and, in the process, enhance the firm’s brand.
• Foster the lawyers’ pursuit of expanded and new client relationships through thought leadership, media relations, sponsorship and other marketing initiatives.
• Work with practice groups to facilitate cross marketing, referral tracking and business development activities.
• Provide input and direction to practice groups for the development and implementation of marketing plan initiatives.
• Help lawyers execute best-practice based pitch and proposal materials in the pursuit of new business and their reputation for market leadership.
• Compile transaction and case descriptions for use in proposals, on the web site, and in deal diaries; track client permissions to use such descriptions.
• Help develop marketing and pitch materials, including capabilities statements, brochures and web content.
• Develop targeted pitches and presentations; participate in strategizing and preparing proposals and responses to RFPs.
• Work with the practice group leaders and individual attorneys to implement practice specific business development plans.
• Work with Director of Marketing in the development of the overall strategic business development and marketing planning of the firm.
• Serves a critical role in developing and executing the Firm’s overall business development plan commensurate with the Firm’s strategy.
• Administers, as well as participates in, the Firm’s Client Visit Program.
• Collaborates closely with the Firm-wide business development committee, especially its co-chairs, and the three department chairs in prioritizing the business development initiatives and action items at the Firm
• Sharpens the Firm’s focus on the list of existing clients for potential expansion and targets for new business
• Ensures time and effort of the business development and marketing resources in the Firm are concentrated on the firm’s highest priorities.
• Coordinates with the COO/CFO and Executive Committee on the Firm’s business development budget
• In coordination with Professional Development, Diversity and Human Resources, designs and manages an appropriate business development training platform for all attorneys.
• Oversees all other marketing activities, including media relations, events, communications, branding, sponsorships, electronic marketing, social media, RFP’s, research, etc.
• Collaborates with practice groups and offices to develop consistent client-focused marketing and communications strategies; assists attorneys with business development efforts, RFPs and other client-facing initiatives.
• Manages the marketing and business development staff and related outside resources.
• Monitors the external environment and competition for developments that may affect the firm.
• Participates in the preparation of strategic proposals and pitches for business.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in marketing, PR or communications)
• 3-5 Years of experience in marketing and/or business development
• Demonstrated ability to learn the nuances of the legal field or other technical field (law firm experience preferred)
• Well-developed research and analytical skills and experience with research databases
• Software proficiency in word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, database management, etc.
• Must be comfortable working independently as well as in close coordination with individuals at all levels
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly attentive to detail and extremely organized
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience; excellent team building and management exposure in a growing and changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to raise the business development and marketing functions to a strategic level and to spearhead creative and thoughtful marketing approaches.
• Proven ability to build consensus and support within the Firm for the marketing function and its role in helping the Firm compete in a consolidating and increasingly competitive marketplace.
• Familiarity and comfort with legal and professional services, including development, trends, analysis, technology and literature; strong familiarity with basic legal concepts.
• Demonstrated experience in a changing culture, with change management and capability assessment skills to lead and inspire others to reach an articulated strategic vision; a leader who creates loyalty, trust and following and who has experience in energizing people and teams, and making cross-functional cooperation happen.
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Highly successful relationship builder, able to create and maintain effective partnerships within the Firm and with third parties.
• Ability to partner and collaborate effectively within a senior management team and other Firm leadership to determine, establish and meet strategic objectives.
Apply by sending your resume to the firm’s recruitment manager, Emily McPherson, at email@example.com
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
Any employment inquiries should be made in writing by emailing our Recruitment Manager.
Conn Kavanaugh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Health and dental insurance plans
- Vision insurance
- Pre-tax flexbile spending accounts (FSA)
- Discounted fitness membership, and fitness membership reimbursements
- 4o1(k) savings plans
- Pre-tax parking and commuter programs
- Education assitance, course reimbursement
- Paid holidays, time off, and sick time
- “Summer Friday’s”
- Paid parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Dependent care assistance plan
- Firm social engagements and networking activities