Since its inception in 1988, Conn Kavanaugh consistently has recruited at Boston-area law schools for summer associate and permanent associate positions. Our philosophy is to attract the best possible law school graduates, to train them at their craft, and to grow the firm from within by developing our new lawyers.
Conn Kavanaugh seeks a legal assistant with 5-7 years of relevant litigation experience for a busy Family Law practice. The ideal candidate is polished and professional, computer savvy with strong writing and interpersonal skills, and takes pride in ensuring client and attorney satisfaction. Candidate must be comfortable working independently and/or within a group and performing multiple activities under tight deadlines.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Transcribing, editing, and proofreading letters and legal documents
- Editing and posting bills
- Managing all of the filings for a paper-intensive practice
- Maintaining contacts and calendars
- Friendly and professional client contact
- Prioritizing assignments with minimal direction
- Bachelor degree
- 5-7 years of litigation experience
- Desired typing speed of at least 70 words per minute
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite software (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of complex billing systems (Juris) a plus
- Ability to work overtime on occasion
Please submit resume via email to:
Any employment inquiries should be made in writing by emailing our Recruitment Manager.
Conn Kavanaugh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Health and dental insurance plans
- Vision insurance
- Pre-tax flexbile spending accounts (FSA)
- Discounted fitness membership, and fitness membership reimbursements
- 4o1(k) savings plans
- Pre-tax parking and commuter programs
- Education assitance, course reimbursement
- Paid holidays, time off, and sick time
- “Summer Friday’s”
- Paid parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Dependent care assistance plan
- Firm social engagements and networking activities