On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, Erin Higgins will present on the Boston Bar Association webinar “Top Ethical Issues Faced by Solos and Small Firms and How to Avoid Mistakes.” The webinar will address common ethical issues that solo and small firms may particularly encounter and general ones all attorneys face.
Issues to be addressed include:
- How to establish a succession plan
- How to appropriately handle IOLTA property
- How/when to decline representation, what needs to be in an engagement letter, and how to respond to demands for client files
- Options and limitations to running an ancillary business
- Whether and how you can respond ethically to negative comments online
- What you can post or discuss publicly, including online, or with other attorneys
- Duty to report wrongdoing to the BBO
- Document notarization
To learn more and to register, visit the Boston Bar Association website.
Share with your network: