Estate Planning / Administration
Sheila B. Giglio, Neil R. Schauer, Kirsten Z. Young, William N. Friedler
Conn Kavanaugh’s Estate Planning attorneys help individuals and their families plan for the future and protect their assets. We understand estate planning is personal and often concerns very sensitive matters that affect a family’s financial well-being. Therefore, we design estate plans that fit the particular needs and goals of clients and their families while also accounting for the legal and tax issues involved.
Our attorneys counsel clients in all aspects of estate planning including:
- Drafting of Wills and all forms of Trusts including Family Trusts and Marital Deduction and Credit Shelter Trusts to Minimize Taxes
- Preparation of Health Care Proxies, Living Wills and Durable Powers of Attorney
- Drafting of Limited Liability Companies and Corporations
- Drafting of Supplemental Needs Trusts and Tax Planning for Individuals who are not U.S. Citizens
- Drafting of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Minor's Trusts and Intentionally Defective Trusts.
- Planning for Individuals with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Preparation of Stock Transfers
Our attorneys also provide the highest level of representation to clients with regard to their probate and trust administration matters.
- Complete Probate Administration Services, including the Preparation of the Probate Inventory and Accountings
- Preparation of Estate Tax Returns
- Representation of Trustees and Executors
- Representation of Guardians and Conservators
When conflicts related to estate planning or administration arise, our skilled and experienced probate attorneys can help resolve disputes both in and out of the courtroom. As necessary, we can also consult with colleagues specializing in business litigation, family law or real estate to address client needs.
Typical Conn Kavanaugh Estate Planning Clients
- Retired individuals and couples
- Professionals such as Physicians, Lawyers, Dentists, Engineers, and Architects.
- Couples with young children who wish to provide for them and each other in the event of a premature death
- Clients who wish to protect their assets from extraordinary nursing home and long term expenses
- Parents of a child with a disability or special needs who they wish to protect with a supplemental/special needs trust
- Executives and owners of closely held businesses who wish to transition their business to family members or others participating in the business at minimal tax cost
- Couples with "blended" families with children from prior marriages
- Couples with one spouse who is not a U.S. citizen and require special marital deduction tax planning
- Couples-Married or Unmarried-Same Sex or Opposite Sex
- Trustees and/or Executors of Estates and Trusts
- Single Individuals- Divorced or Never Married-With or Without Children
Our Convenient Office Locations
Ten Post Office Square
Boston, MA 02109
114 Waltham Street
Lexington, MA 02421
313 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02458